Cleaning ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymaine34

Burning Hunk
Jan 5, 2013
New here guys and I'm learning a lot ! From my reading I see that most of the time the problem is not cleaning a stove enough or the answer to most problems is to clean the stove . My question is can you over clean your stove ?
Do more harm than good ? My main reason for asking is I wire brush my heat tubes and just about anything else I can ( its a soft wire brush ) can I hurt the tubes or anything else for that matter ?
Also I normally have my stove cleaned at the end of year by the company that put it in and this past season for the first time in 4 years they spray painted the inside ( the tech I had this year says we always do that ) I'm cose to being able ( I think ) to do the end of year myself . So does the paint go on everything ? They even sprayed the probe . Do I spray the heat tubes and shields ?
I have a cb1200 if that makes a difference .
Thanks again for all the help guys !

I saw a thread recently where the owner spray painted the inside firebrick copper and sand to give a real nice contrast and pizzaz to it. I think keeping it painted is always better than rust. As far as the probes, just remember to cover them before painting.

Status
Not open for further replies.