clearance from metal pipe thru second floor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

twd000

Feeling the Heat
Aug 28, 2015
Southern New Hampshire
Just got the Blaze King Princess installed in the first floor living room

The metal chimney runs up through the second floor bedroom. To hide the chimney, we plan to frame out the chase and cover it with brick veneer. We will also install an electric fireplace if possible in this chase.

My question is the safe clearance requirements setback from this pipe. I see the installers have 2x4 framing supports less than a foot away from the pipe.

We haven't bought the electric fireplace yet,so I don't know the depth of the box. How close can I install anything away from the pipe?
Screenshot 2023-06-11 102246_redacted.png
IMG_1109.JPG

Just got the Blaze King Princess installed in the first floor living room

The metal chimney runs up through the second floor bedroom. To hide the chimney, we plan to frame out the chase and cover it with brick veneer. We will also install an electric fireplace if possible in this chase.

My question is the safe clearance requirements setback from this pipe. I see the installers have 2x4 framing supports less than a foot away from the pipe.

We haven't bought the electric fireplace yet,so I don't know the depth of the box. How close can I install anything away from the pipe?View attachment 324523View attachment 324524
Most chimney pipe needs 2" of clearance to combustibles

Reactions: twd000