Cleavland Iron Works stove adjustments / temp probe ?issues?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Uuuggghhhhh

Oct 4, 2023
NW Pennsylvania
Hello, I have a Cleveland Iron Works PS60WCIW.
This stove seems promising but the manual is garbage... very vague borderline useless..
First thing is I'm trying to get a better burn as the flame dances alot, doesn't seem to burn evenly, almost instantly blackens the glass, and no blue color (ive read this is indicating a good burn.) The burn I have just doesn't seem correct.

I don't totally understand the "S" and "F" ajustments.. can someone give me an explanation of them? (stock settings S=0 and F= -10. What does increase/decrease do? possibly explain how to obtain a better burn?

This unit is alitle over size for the application so eco2 boils the house out just idling. Eco1 is the solution, however the probe just doesn't seem accurate at all and is so close it's either too hot when I pull it out. Or the house is Cold when I put it back behind and it's making the house 90+ degrees. I've been looking into longer temp sensors and extending the current one. What's the bet solution here to add about 20 ft so it's more central? I can't find anything longer with the proper plug.

EDIT: also set to eco1 I just noticed the room temp says 72 and the set temp is 79? Why the heck wouldn't it have started up? I'm sick of being uncomfortably cold/hot. Help

Thank you everyone in advance

Last edited:
Hello, I have a Cleveland Iron Works PS60WCIW.
This stove seems promising but the manual is garbage... very vague borderline useless..
First thing is I'm trying to get a better burn as the flame dances alot, doesn't seem to burn evenly, almost instantly blackens the glass, and no blue color (ive read this is indicating a good burn.) The burn I have just doesn't seem correct.

I don't totally understand the "S" and "F" ajustments.. can someone give me an explanation of them? (stock settings S=0 and F= -10. What does increase/decrease do? possibly explain how to obtain a better burn?

This unit is alitle over size for the application so eco2 boils the house out just idling. Eco1 is the solution, however the probe just doesn't seem accurate at all and is so close it's either too hot when I pull it out. Or the house is Cold when I put it back behind and it's making the house 90+ degrees. I've been looking into longer temp sensors and extending the current one. What's the bet solution here to add about 20 ft so it's more central? I can't find anything longer with the proper plug.

EDIT: also set to eco1 I just noticed the room temp says 72 and the set temp is 79? Why the heck wouldn't it have started up? I'm sick of being uncomfortably cold/hot. Help

Thank you everyone in advance
I have the Cleveland iron works mini 215 . Your right about the instructions they are worthless! I called CLW and talked to the tech support and they walked me through the settings which was totally different that was on the control board. They also make a longer thermostat wire. Hope this helps.