Clinkers all of a sudden

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cristiansmom

Jul 17, 2008
Rhode Island
Hey everyone. I have a 2-year-old Harmon p-41. All of a sudden in the last 2 days I'm getting some big clinkers. I haven't changed anything, I haven't changed pellets been using the same pellets since the beginning of the season. We are just starting our third palet. The stove was thoroughly cleaned by a professional in November and of course I do my maintenance cleaning all the time. What do you think could be the issue? I've never ever had this issue before even with my St Croix that we had for 15 years..

Debi

Hey everyone. I have a 2-year-old Harmon p-41. All of a sudden in the last 2 days I'm getting some big clinkers. I haven't changed anything, I haven't changed pellets been using the same pellets since the beginning of the season. We are just starting our third palet. The stove was thoroughly cleaned by a professional in November and of course I do my maintenance cleaning all the time. What do you think could be the issue? I've never ever had this issue before even with my St Croix that we had for 15 years..

Debi
Wood pellets can vary between pallets and even bags. The raw material source could have changed between pallets.