clumping ash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the cleaning manual on the harman site, and it shows me how to do it, I am going to get to work.

Dollar Bill test checks out. I just did a real good cleaning, front end only. I will pull it out in a week or two and clean the combustion fan and motor, and do everything Harman recommends.

I notice that if I scrape the burn pot every hour with that scrapper tool that harman supplies I don't seem to get that clumping. Does that still point to a dirty combustion fan, or dirty insert pipe up the chimney? Or could it be that I need to adjust the setting on the board? Or does my stove just not like the Hamer pellets?

Yea that points to something dirty.

but you are also breaking up the "CLUMPS"

I would pull the combustion fanand clean that and go get one of those dryer lint brushes and run that up and down the exhaust pipe use an electric drill to spin it.

Good luck.

Just curious did you fina a bag of another brand of pellets? if so do they burn better?

Status
Not open for further replies.