Coastal NC Pellet Hunting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lusitano

Jul 24, 2015
Leland, NC
I moved from AZ to coastal NC two years ago and just had a stove installed in June. During the past two winters there were periods of extraordinary cold days and winter freezes. I think we did not move far enough south... My new home's Carrier HP struggles to keep the 2100 sq ft warm. There have been nights when it runs continuously to maintain 62 degrees inside. I also worry about extended power outages since my home is all electric. The Quad will fix the problems but now I'm finding that good quality pellets are hard to find locally. So far the only sources I have found are TSC (Heat Resources hard wood for $275 p/T) or the Quad dealer's EazyBlaze Blend for $450 p/T. EazyBalze's are great pellets from what I have read so far, but at that price it is not an option. Anyone know any other sources in this area? I have a truck and trailer and will travel to a limit. Thanks.

Is there a Lowes close to you? Looks like there is one in Wilmington. I guess they have them on sale for $245

Last edited:
Is there a Lowes close to you? Looks like there is one in Wilmington. I guess they have them on sale for $245
Checked both Lowes and Home Depot and neither carry pellets in this area. I can order some at HD but who knows what brand/quality I will get... In any case, thank you Wisneaky

Checked both Lowes and Home Depot and neither carry pellets in this area. I can order some at HD but who knows what brand/quality I will get... In any case, thank you Wisneaky
Your welcome. I wonder if any of the Ace Hardware stores in your area carry them.

After calling a number of HD, Lowes, Walmart, and TSC stores within 100 miles of my home, I found a ton of Somersets at a TSC 50 miles away; I'm happy. I guess coastal SE NC has low demand for pellets.

Reactions: Peterfield
Status
Not open for further replies.