Combusion motor replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenalpsu

Mar 15, 2015
PA
Hey guys, new to this form so hope this isn't somethin that has been answered 100 times. I got a used Harman Accentra FS earlier this year, worked great all winter, she is about 10 years old. ($1000 buck, upgraded from an englinder) WELL the combustion motor went on her, the set screw was stuck in so i hacked off the fan and put a new motor and fan on. NOW that it's all installed and running great again, i was thinking I should have put some locktite on the new set screw.....

SO my qustion in should i take it apart again and put loctite on my new fan's set screw or is she ok as is? Thank you!!

The opposite may be in order. Those fans usually as you just found because of the heat and exhaust gases almost weld themselves on. I would put on a bit of antisieze on the shaft and the screw and maybe if worried about the screw put another on top basically making one screw lock the other. Common practice.
Welcome.

Thank you for the welcome and answer. So you're saying if I'm not concerned about getting it off easier next time, it should be find as is? If so than I'll just wait until my next ton cleaning to pull it off and put some antisieze....or will it be too late at that point?

probably be too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.