Combustion blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ifixmy2

Sep 13, 2011
Ohio
Has anyone ever found a way to insulate the blower housing, to help make it quieter?
Would there be any benefit of doing it?

If you wanted it quieter and if it worked ... sure. It gets hot there though, seems to me insulating it would trap more heat in it.
Electronics and all.

Keeping it clean and lubricated helps keep it running quieter

Reactions: tbear853
I purchased a new replacement unit, since original only had bushings for motor shaft.
New one has bearings.
What is best type of lube should be used for bearings and how often. If they are sealed bearings, then no lube needed?

I switch the gasket from Paper/Fiberglass to high temperature silicone it took some of the vibration noise away.

blower gasket.jpgsilicone blower gasket.jpg

Reactions: tlc1976
I switch the gasket from Paper/Fiberglass to high temperature silicone it took some of the vibration noise away.

View attachment 302091View attachment 302092
Good to know. I remember a past member saying the same thing. I can get limited scraps of the material at work. Just haven’t got around to doing it yet. The room blower is the noisier one and it’s not as easy to get out.

I also switched to the silicone on the combustion blower, I no longer worry about ripping the fiberglass one when I do the spring cleaning of the blower fins. I did not hear a big improvement with combustion blower noise when I switched, but like stated the room blower seemed to be the noisy one.

15-1032__35532.jpg

Has anyone ever found a way to insulate the blower housing, to help make it quieter?
Would there be any benefit of doing it?
My pdv combustion motor was making a lot of noise I notice the outer housing was a little loose it has little tabs that are staked so I used a flat blade screwdriver and a hammer and staked them tight again no more noise.

Reactions: ARC
An old saying
If everything else works use a bigger hammer
Nice that that worked for you

Reactions: ARC