Combustion blowers never stop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

flashvictim

Nov 20, 2010
Oklahoma
Hello, I'm having problems with my Quadrafire 1000 stove. Got it ready this year and plugged it in. Fired right up. Both combustion motors running...and running and running. They will not shut off. Ran for 20 minutes with thermostat showing no heat needed. Raised thermostat to show heat needed and anger kicked on like it should. However, it just kept running forever. Filled up fire pot to overflowing and just kept going, as did fans. Lowered thermostat way down and anger stopped like it should, but fans kept on running. Went through start up procedure 3 times. Same each time. No light at all next to reset button. I cleaned pressure tube and double checked thermostat wires. The reset button is pushed in like it's maybe stuck? Possible problem or partial problem? Thank you guys. Kinda lost. Don't want to just throw money on parts and hope. Any ideas on how I should proceed?

You can try jumping switch wires together, being sure not to ground on stove. Usually when comb. fans don't stop running, it is either the fans or the control box. And with the other issues, I would assume control box. You can try unplugging stove, then pull and re-seat control box as sometimes they can work a tad loose and cause issues. kap

I'll give it a try after work tonight. Both fans run smooth as silk. I'm guessing that a new control box ain't cheap. Bummer, I'm sure. Thanks for a way to proceed. Maybe I'll get lucky....usually not my way though.

If you know someone with similar stove, you can try your control box in their stove. Or if there is a dealer near with the equipment to test it for you. kap