Combustion fan cleaning interval

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I don't believe the speed varies on my combustion fan. It does on the convection fan. There is an air flow adjustment in the intake to control the air flow.
If it's a pelpro with the Accutron control board it does. You may not notice it as it's very slight variations, but it does vary it. You may not notice it too because your fan is shot, but I know it does vary between feed settings.

If it's a pelpro with the Accutron control board it does. You may not notice it as it's very slight variations, but it does vary it. You may not notice it too because your fan is shot, but I know it does vary between feed settings.
Yes it is the Accutron. It must be a variable freq drive. I'd have to get a scope to see how it controls speed. I could check with the draft meter if I put an tee in the suction line to the vacuum switch.