Comfortbilt hp50s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kristenl2784

Dec 17, 2016
NH
Hello,

Im new to the pellet stove world and have a question regarding the flame height on a comfortbilt hp50s. I read my manual several times and can’t find anything about adjusting the air intake damper or where it might be located for that matter. When my pellet stove is going the flame is very high, touching the heating tubes high. I’m just wondering if this flame height is normal for a comfortbilt.

A little about my set up. It is in my basement where my wood stove used to sit. I’m using duravent double wall pipe. I do have a fresh air intake hooked up to the stove. As far as exhaust vent it goes adaptor hooked up to the exhaust pipe on the stove then T pipe, then straight up three feet, elbows at 90 and goes straight outside For direct vent. The fresh air sits a foot below and a foot over from the exhaust.

Thank you,
Kristen

Page 33 of your manual. Last sentence on the page. Next to the air intake tube there is a 4mm nut that can be loosened to adjust the slide damper. Says to pull out for lazy flame however you’ll want to push in. My guess is that it may be all the way out.

Page 33 of your manual. Last sentence on the page. Next to the air intake tube there is a 4mm nut that can be loosened to adjust the slide damper. Says to pull out for lazy flame however you’ll want to push in. My guess is that it may be all the way out.
Thanks for the reply! Page 33 of my manual doesn’t talk about this. I’ll check it out and see if I find this on my stove.

Youre welcome. The company prolly gave you a short quick start guide. Best up to date manuals are through the company site. Let me know if that works.

Also what heat level are you using? The higher the setting, the more flame height.

Youre welcome. The company prolly gave you a short quick start guide. Best up to date manuals are through the company site. Let me know if that works.

Also what heat level are you using? The higher the setting, the more flame height.
I’m set on level 3.