Comfortbilt hp61

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trpsystm

Oct 24, 2018
NY
i have a new comfortbilt hp61 been burning it for a couple weeks, absolutely love it. I cleaned it out today and noticed behind the glass door below the opening of the bottom of the door frame there is a metal plate with a knob and it slides left and right, if you slide it to the right it reveals 4 or 5 slots I’m guessing something for air flow. I never noticed it before and there is nothing online or in manual aboi

Attachments

• 68947B60-F6B8-461A-9B66-78AB528D48FA.png
    68947B60-F6B8-461A-9B66-78AB528D48FA.png
    562.4 KB · Views: 286
Looks like a air wash for the glass. Helps keep it clean longer, but may affect the your draft through the burn pot. I would try it a little at a time and see what happens

It is the Air Wash for the glass. Keep them open. I called Glenn, owner of ComfortBilt, and that's what he told me.

Most likely in the next revision/generation of the stoves the slots will be permanently open.

Reactions: Ssyko
Ok thank you for responding. So have you tried it fully closed, fully open and maybe half open to see if there is any difference in heating or anything noticeable? I think mines been fully closed since I started using it, i opened it up fully this afternoon after reading your response and talking to comfortbilt who recommends leaving it open. I guess I don’t understand why you can close it if they recommend it open.

Doesn't affect the temperature output of the stove. It helps keep the glass cleaner for a longer period of time. Glass will still build up soot but much less than if you run it closed.

You can try running for two days with it closed and snap a pic of the glass after it shuts down prior to cleaning it out. And then two days of running with it open and get another pic to compare. That way you'll know if it really does or doesn't make a difference in the cleanliness of the glass.

I get very little soot build up on the glass, then again I shut it down everyday cuz it's way too warm in the afternoons, when it's sunny that is, so it doesn't really have time for any build up. And that's running with it open.

Hello ALL.. I am new to this forum. I have the C-Bilt HP61 at my mother's place out in the country. After I installed it, it WAS doing beautifully for 2.5 weeks THEN last night at 10:30 right before bed time it started fulling up and leaking smoke. She cleaned it appropriately every other day, using good grade pellets, pleased with the thermo setting of 72-73 degrees. it total shut off.

It would not power back on... even today when I looked at it, search for trouble shooting options on the manual and online. Here's a few of the things I tried (and still have no power to the main display):
-changed the fuse/s. there was only 1 spare, so I switched it, and switched it back.
-unplugged and plugged in the main board/display, power cord, even reset the breakers, tried 3 different outlets from 3 working walls of the home.
-Turned the black vacuum knob a bit R and L and heard the "click" at different positions.
-Unplugged the wires at the "back of the power junction", and plugged them back in accordingly
-checked the intake tube and exhaust piping for obstructions or objects (none found).
-manually pressed down the "hopper door" switched while attempting to power on the unit.

Sadly, all these efforts and my time were unsuccessful!! The main board/display stayed off/ didn't power on. Each time I held down the power/on button 8-10 secs or more.

Some guy named Gary at 6ya said something about a main reset button on the L side, which I read nothing about in the skematics or manual. I looked all over for it and no such luck. The unit behaves like it's not getting POWER. I am no electrician or mechanic, but that's how it's looking.

Any and all responses would be appreciated. This unit was working GREAT and brand new when installed 2-3 weeks ago. No hiccups or issues. Everything was operational. And NOW it's DEAD.

THX

3 week old i would contact the place you bought it . It is under warranty. call comfort built customer service they will take care of you.

It's a weak manual. Its still at my mom's place. Same as the one on line I reviewed at my place. I did reach out to Comfortbilt. but they are closed on a weekend of course. And the # number in the manual, which my mom tried calling 3 different times (both #s listed) are disconnected or no longer in service.
I'm not a really happy camper right now

It's a weak manual. Its still at my mom's place. Same as the one on line I reviewed at my place. I did reach out to Comfortbilt. but they are closed on a weekend of course. And the # number in the manual, which my mom tried calling 3 different times (both #s listed) are disconnected or no longer in service.
I'm not a really happy camper right now
Did you get this resolved?