concept for homemade firewood processor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny chaos

Minister of Fire
Apr 10, 2008
Rochester,ny
On e-bay: Wood Slasher Firewood processor saw Minnesota Item number: 190220085211

The unit shown might be nice for about half that price, add a log loader and splitter and you could kick some ass!
A good saw blade will be good for about 200 facecord and cut 10 times faster than a chain.

Thats what I get for not actually going to your link. Sorry.

Thought about building one, not getting any younger and every year not looking forward to cutting up 12 full cords. Plans would be good reference and I would do my own adjustments.

I haven't seen the plans or the price, but generally my rule is that I can invest a few dollars in plans or classes or seminars on whatever topic and always learn something worth the money
If I learn one new thing, or save one mistake, or save a day of rebuilding something that didn't work, I have long since paid for the cost of the education. I have hundreds of dollars of reference books (for example, a handbook on servo hydraulics at almost $200) where I learned one or two things that later on paid the cost of the book.
So I would buy any plans or cd's easily before starting a project like that. sounds well worth it.

kcj

Status
Not open for further replies.