Concerned future hearthstone owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your wood is off the ground and you have some overhang of the roof, that's fine for a wood shed.

Be nice if it catches some sun and had the prevailing wind blowing thru it.

Reactions: 066logger
Ya know, the epa only approves of eating meat that’s raised at the grocery store…. How dare anyone think they could harvest their own lol
What???? If you had said FDA it might make some sense but not the EPA

I assumed it was a joke it just made no sense to me.
Any 3 letter government agency pretty much falls under the same category, headaches lol. Be it epa, atf, or fda. Ya can’t sell your own chicken eggs, burn your own stove or make your firearm quieter without permission from the fat cats.

Any 3 letter government agency pretty much falls under the same category, headaches lol. Be it epa, atf, or fda. Ya can’t sell your own chicken eggs, burn your own stove or make your firearm quieter without permission from the fat cats.
Food and meat are mostly under a 4 letter agency, USDA. Guess that lets them off the hook. ;)

Last edited:
There is no federal agency saying you can't sell eggs small scale. No federal agency saying you can't burn your own stove. And firearms discussion isn't allowed in these forums.

Some of those things are regulated but that is at a state or local level.

There is no federal agency saying you can't sell eggs small scale. No federal agency saying you can't burn your own stove. And firearms discussion isn't allowed in these forums.

Some of those things are regulated but that is at a state or local level.
https://www.fda.gov/food/eggs-guidance-documents-regulatory-information/egg-safety-final-rule
Guidance about selling eggs from the fda 👆

No federal guidance yet on old stoves, just spoke to the lady where I’m buying my stove and we were discussing a recent trade show she had just attended. According to her someone she spoke to from southern California said if you have an old masonry chimney, and decide to tear it out, it’s now illegal to rebuild…. Then the whole crib wood/cord wood certification. I guess at the trade show there were 3 companies with stoves there. That seems concerning to me and to her but maybe not an issue.

I did not realize the other, I apologize about that.

Food and meat are mostly under a 4 letter agency, USDA. Guess that lets them off the hook. ;)
No they’re a pain in the butt too lol. About the only thing I wish had some regulation around here. I’m surrounded by hog and turkey farms, manure goes straight to the creeks. In the summer time my creek turns completely green and there’s not much that survives the massive nitrogen influxes from rain runoff out of the fields. But such is life, we could be in Ukraine right now. Guess life isn’t so bad

https://www.fda.gov/food/eggs-guidance-documents-regulatory-information/egg-safety-final-rule
Guidance about selling eggs from the fda 👆

No federal guidance yet on old stoves, just spoke to the lady where I’m buying my stove and we were discussing a recent trade show she had just attended. According to her someone she spoke to from southern California said if you have an old masonry chimney, and decide to tear it out, it’s now illegal to rebuild…. Then the whole crib wood/cord wood certification. I guess at the trade show there were 3 companies with stoves there. That seems concerning to me and to her but maybe not an issue.

I did not realize the other, I apologize about that.
That regulation applies to egg producers with 3000 or more hens laying. That means industrial food production which is of course regulated.

And yes as I said there are states and localities that regulate burning. Usually due to air inversion areas.

I have not heard about new masonry chimneys not being allowed in California but that is probably due to seismic issues. And you can always just use a metal chimney.

This thread has gone so far into the weeds it's going to need mowing soon. Time to take the talk to the Inglenook.

Status
Not open for further replies.