Concorde catalytic stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Horseygal

Oct 20, 2017
Nc
IMG_2256.JPG
please need help have questions about the franklin Concorde catalytic stove can't find a operation manual online

Attachments

• IMG_2257.JPG
    IMG_2257.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 450
Last edited by a moderator:
Franklin Cast Products sold the Scandia brand I think. These were Taiwan knock-offs of popular stoves from Jotul, VC, etc.. This is the first time I have seen a stove made in USA by them. What other controls are there on the stove besides the large knob sticking out of the lower front right?

That is it. I took the stove back as I did not know where to get parts etc as I could find no information

If this is a catalytic stove then there should be at least 2 controls I would think. One to control the air supply and one to bypass the catalyst while the fire is warming up.

The house I just bought has the same Concorde Catalytic stove. I couldn't find the manual online either, but I found an old Popular Science magazine scan that showcases this particular stove (Attached). It has a diagram that explains how it works.
It helped me figure out that mine is missing the catalytic combustor (I'm now looking to find where to buy a replacement cat), and mine's also missing the bypass-damper control rod shown in the diagram (No idea why it's not there).
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Page77.jpeg
Page78.png
Page79.png