Considering 13 year old Jotul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kybishop

Feb 9, 2016
Kentucky
Mostly a wood burner here. Looking to purchase a couple of gas stoves. Looking at used stoves.

There is a 2006 Jotul GF 600 Firelight near me for $460 asking price. It was used for 3 years then put in storage. Nice condition and still works. No thermostat, has the blower and is a vented stove.

Anything I should consider when looking at one this old? Burners, pilots and components wear out like other appliances I reckon. What should I look at in particular?

Thanks

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/for/d/everett-gas-fireplace-in-good-working/6854322215.html

Here's a Craigslist listing for a used gas fireplace that might be a bargain. $50 and including the direct vent vent pipe looks like it's probably not very old and of pretty modern design.

I have no connection with this and simply post it as an example of the kinds of deals that can be available when people just want to get rid of something for which they have no use.