Consistent Flame?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gtgoat

Hearth Supporter
Nov 22, 2008
Central CT
I have an Enviro Milan. It seems the flame height changes quite a bit and I'm curious if this is normal. The flame will touch the heat exchanger and then slowly die down until its hidden in the burn pot. Then it slowly builds back up again. These cycles take between 2 to 5 minutes depending on the heat setting but they occur constantly. I thought the stove was burning through the pellets too fast so I have the damper nearly closed and I also increased the feed rate and trimmed down the combustion fan but it still cycles.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Flame height variation is normal (in many stoves) due to the cyclic feeding of the pellets. The pellets aren`t exactly uniform in length either.

Normal. Happens on my vernon as well.

Normal, it is the same on my Lopi Leyden.

Status
Not open for further replies.