Consumer Alert - Hampton Falls, NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy Bob that is selling Harmans in Hamton Falls is NOT a tech, stuff is over priced. Just installed two units sold by him. Igniters in both stoves were junk. 10 years worh of dog hair in the distribution motors. Ad-hoc parts used to make them run. These stoves were a joke and each of them was close to 3k

I've seen these for sale as I was recently in the market for a Harman Accentra insert. I inquired about them but when I realized he wasn't the local authorized dealer in Hampton Falls I decided it wasn't a good idea. And the local dealer started running a sale on Harmans. Could basically buy a new unit for the same price this guy was asking for a used unit.

The guy Bob that is selling Harmans in Hamton Falls is NOT a tech, stuff is over priced. Just installed two units sold by him. Igniters in both stoves were junk. 10 years worh of dog hair in the distribution motors. Ad-hoc parts used to make them run. These stoves were a joke and each of them was close to 3k

Thanks for warning. Ive been looking for a Harman Insert for family, and pretty sure ive seen his ads a few times.

Seen those adds too... Why would anyone buy a used stove for less than 30% discount. It is like buying a used Honda..why bother... Go new.

I'd like to point out that the AUTHORIZED dealer in Hampton Falls is a quality outfit....not Bob, whoever that is.....Hearth and Home, I think? Some good folks there.

Reactions: gbreda
I'd like to point out that the AUTHORIZED dealer in Hampton Falls is a quality outfit....not Bob, whoever that is.....Hearth and Home, I think? Some good folks there.
The Fallon Family, Jim Fallon...Fallons Home and Hearth

Reactions: Lousyweather

You're correct, the authorized dealer is Fallons Home and Hearth. They are knowledgeable and will help steer you in the right direction. I bought my Big Green Egg from them and just over the weekend bought a Harman Accentra insert. They answered all my questions and I had a lot of them. Very nice people and extremely helpful.

I actually talked to them about this guy Bob. The guy at Fallons said he's been receiving phone calls asking if they are the ones posting these stoves on craigslist. To which they reply "No" of course.

yea, that's it, Scott....didn't recall....thanks...now go to work!

lol- well, lets see.....was here all day yesterday (Sunday), all day Saturday, and have been here for an hour and a half already (almost 8am now)....so, I AM at work! ==c The wonders of retail!

I think our next closed day is Labor Day, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas

that's so "old fashioned"...I use a 5" liner and then send in my custom pipe stretcher-outter....like a glove.;)

The Fallon Family, Jim Fallon...Fallons Home and Hearth
Jim and Kate Fallon to be exact. Top shelf operation. I purchased both of my Harmans there. IIRC they sell more Harman Stoves than anyone in the country or they did at one time.....

Reactions: Lousyweather
Jim and Kate Fallon to be exact. Top shelf operation. I purchased both of my Harmans there. IIRC they sell more Harman Stoves than anyone in the country or they did at one time.....
They are the largest volume Harman retailer with one store though now they have one in Sanford, ME

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
They are the largest volume Harman retailer with one store though now they have one in Sanford, ME

yea, there are several Harman dealers who have more than one store, and the stores added together probably net more stoves, but Jimmy's place was the highest volume SINGLE store for quite some time....not sure that's still the case tho

Hello Mr Williamson. This is Bob. I am not a certified tech, you are correct. I do not claim to be, but, I have never sent a stove out knowing that it was not running properly. The pet hair is something I admit could of happened, as these stoves are not new and if the stove is running properly and without any noise, then a fan can certainly be overlooked as far as dust/pet hair accumulation. I know the stove you are referring to regarding the "ad Hoc parts. I added a shim to the feeder bar, so as to make sure the pusher block sweeps enough pellets into the feeder body. I tested both stoves for ignitors the day the stoves were picked up, and both fired fairly quickly and without issue. So, on that point, I am not so sure why you make issue with them. They either work or they don't, and they certainly did when they were purchased. I would have demonstrated the stoves for the people if they desired. I did not hear from the people whom purchased them from me, and I did tell them they are welcome to call me back if the stoves gave them any problems, as I always do. I do not put a gun to anyone's head to purchase pellet stoves from me. As a matter of fact, I often allow the client to do their homework regarding a new stove purchase and make the best decision for there needs. Preowned stoves come with a risk, as there is not warranty. Buy I do gaurantee the stove to operate as implied at the time of purchase. I am not claiming to be perfect in the execution of every aspect of pellet stove maintanance, but I do work hard to try to be perfect in client satisfaction. I guess you have never had complaints or unsatisfied paying customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.