TresK3 Posted By TresK3, Aug 17, 2018 at 10:39 PM

1. TresK3

TresK3
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2007
    Loc:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Me: (testing resistance on a circuit where I expected either 10 ohms or infinity) "Hmmm... no resistance... I'm not sure what to make of that."

Son: (who just graduated with a mech. eng. degree) "I'd make a perpetual motion machine."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    semipro likes this.
  2. gzecc

gzecc
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 24, 2008
    Loc:
    NNJ
    Sounds like he should get the wise ass reward.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    TresK3 likes this.
  3. TresK3

TresK3
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2007
    Loc:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    True. But I can't argue his logic. :)

4. sportbikerider78

sportbikerider78
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 23, 2014
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    My son is 5 going on 6 and he is all boy.

Walking through the mall we see a really smoking hot Victorias Secret model in her underwear chewing on a choker thing around her neck.

Son: "Dad what is that naked lady doing? She's very pretty."

Me: "That is a Victoria's Secret advertisement..she is selling underwear".

Son: "What's her secret dad".

Me: ...laughing really hard. "You'll find out some day and buy her a house.".

dCalvinz, fbelec, blades and 2 others like this.
  5. Knots

Knots
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 13, 2013
    Loc:
    Alfred, Maine
    Cat Energy.jpg

Highbeam, johneh and Ashful like this.
  6. CaptSpiff

CaptSpiff
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 13, 2014
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Well,... now that you've put that on the web, it's another piece of IP heading to China. _g

Knots and Ashful like this.
  7. blades

blades
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 23, 2008
    Loc:
    WI, Leroy
    Think it will need a bigger cat and a larger piece of bread. - not enough torque. How the heck do you drop start something like that?

Knots likes this.
  8. Knots

Knots
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 13, 2013
    Loc:
    Alfred, Maine
    The entire motor/cat/toast assembly has to slide down a fixture with the cat looking down. The toast doesn't have eyes, so it can't react to the stimuli and get the rotation started...

Next week we'll explore magnets that pull the aircraft along..._g

begreen likes this.
  9. blades

blades
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 23, 2008
    Loc:
    WI, Leroy
    or push it ? not mention possible vertical levitation.

10. dCalvinz

dCalvinz
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 28, 2018
    Loc:
    GA

Bet he's going to save from now on buy a house sooner.

sportbikerider78 likes this.
  11. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Good theory. Vertical levitation has been observed passing Victoria's Secret.

12. firefighterjake

firefighterjake
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 22, 2008
    Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Wait a minute . . . do people still go to the Mall? ;) :)

Ashful likes this.
  13. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Funny story, I took my son to the Mall on a Friday evening a week before Christmas last year, for a birthday party at LEGO Land. Before, I told him about how we used to make trips to the mall to do all of our Christmas shopping, and how it would be packed with thousands of people, and we’d see Santa, etc., etc.

Well, we got there and found it to be a ghost town. I mean, you could see clear from one end of the mall to the other, with maybe less than 25 people in the main promenade. Santa was sitting lonely, with no kids in line. Each store we entered, we were the only people in the store. He still had some fun doing some Christmas shopping, but was totally underwhelmed, based on expectations from my memories.

It was the first time I had been to a mall myself in over 20 years, and I was expecting it to be less busy than it was before Amazon.com and Walmart.com, but I was really surprised just how dead it was. Again, this was a Friday night, one week before Christmas... it should have been one of their busiest nights of the whole year.

14. sportbikerider78

sportbikerider78
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 23, 2014
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    VERY rarely.

There is one here that is absolutely massive. Many theaters, bars, restaurants , and all the stores.

15. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Only with a gun to my head.

16. blades

blades
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 23, 2008
    Loc:
    WI, Leroy
    I can remember a year around 197ish that a new enclosed mega mall was opened and the enclosed mall where my shop was, was just plain deserted for the whole season as most flocked to the new mall. Heard the same story from others in different locations around the city. Hard on the pocket book.