Conversion Kit for Monessen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agmccall

Feb 15, 2014
Upstate NY
Hello All

I have a Monessen Gas Fireplace model 500dvmlnv and I need to convert from Natural Gas to LP Gas. I bought the unit about 5 years ago and it came with a conversion kit, but the wrong one. The company I got it from has since gone out of business. The one I need is ML500CKP I have ordered it twice and what I get is ML500CKPS which is for a unit with a signature control. When you look up the model I need all you find is the ML500CKPS, but they use the picture for the ML500CKP.

I do not have the Signature control. It seems this conversion kit is no longer available. Does anyone have one or know where I might get one?

Also, I saw another kit the Lx36DV and they use the same pic as the ML500CKP, do you know if this is the same, or is there a generic that would work.

Another Option, which I do not want to do, is to replace the existing control with the signature control.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

al

Status
Not open for further replies.