Cooking/smoking?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpusher

Nov 1, 2014
Knoxville TN
I've done cedar plank salmon/chicken on the grill.....I've got some peach wood which I've heard is good for smoking meats....maybe it's too far off topic though.

Nope, the inglenook is fine for that. Going to move the thread over there.

Pretty sure I've shared this before, but here's a chicken I did last year over charcoal and used cherry for smoke. Very simple and outstanding.

The inspiration for this bird came from this recipe:
http://dadcooksdinner.com/2011/09/grilled-butterflied-chicken-with-dry-brine.html/

Here's what mine looked like

10469702_694791523890981_4630464901715395467_n.jpg

I've never used peach but apple or cherry is good for smoking. I've tried cedar plank salmon a few times and it's not my taste. I like salmon without the wood but then, I also hate smoked salmon. Oak is really good if you are making your own wine.

Apple is good, as is mulberry. I need to make some more smoked/pulled pork soon. Used up the last of my vacuum packed stuff a couple weeks ago.

Apple is good, as is mulberry. I need to make some more smoked/pulled pork soon. Used up the last of my vacuum packed stuff a couple weeks ago.

Do you have a smoker? Or do you smoke with charcoal in a grill?

I use my Weber Smokey Mountain cooker/smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.