Corner install heat shield requirements

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Natesmall

Dec 27, 2021
Canada
Hey all,

looking to do a corner install with heat shield for a Drolet Nano. Stove only needs 2.5inch clearance to combustable with heat shield installed. I'll be doing 4in to give a bit of extra.

How far along the wall do I need to run the heat shield? And which point to I measure off? Straight off the side of the stove? Does it have to be 8in off the side of the stove, or 18 off the front corner? Going which way? Basically...where does the measurement come from for the outer edge of the heat shield? Added a very basic pic to help ask the question. (and yes, i'll be doing the 1in spacing, 20 in above, 1-3in on bottom clearances, and yes it'll be 24guage metal).

Thanks for the help :)
Nate

20211231_115619.jpg

You don't have to go beyond where the distance to the unshielded wall is larger than the minimum (unshielded).

Hi

I am in a similar position and need to build a corner shield. Would you be able to share a photo or some details on how yours turned out and what materials you used?

Appreciate your help
Thanks

looking to do a corner install with heat shield for a Drolet Nano. Stove only needs 2.5inch clearance to combustable with heat shield installed. I'll be doing 4in to give a bit of extra.
The close clearance spec for the Nano requires the stove Heat Shield part # AC027621, not a wall shield.