Corona Virus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to spend my time in quarantine learning how to make traps and tools to eat local wildlife.
Might set some bigger traps too. Just in case.

TP trap.jpg

May be soon time to fill up those oil tanks. I have about 2000 gals of available storage thats almost empty. Gas in florida $1.90
North Western, PA still at $2.60ish with our first confirmed case in the county.

I hope you’re right, but our economy is wrecked as a result of this, either way.

Maybe it was all a left-wing conspiracy. ;lol
I'm sure it is. Hannity said everything's going to be alright and the president just a few days ago said corona was "under tremendous control".o_O

My wife and her boss drove from SLC to Vegas today after the earthquake and they were able to get back in their hotels. Nan was on the 15th floor of her hotel. They have a 7:30 PM flight to LA and the redeye back to Boston. Was supposed to be in SLC until the 20th.

She texted that she saw a "Coronavirus-free Lap Dances" sign in Vegas.

She texted that she saw a "Coronavirus-free Lap Dances" sign in Vegas.
In my efforts to think about things other than Coronavirus I read this as "free Lap Dances".

Last edited:
I did, too, when I received her text. :)

Geisinger Danville does their own Corona testing ,did not say how many they have done ,just that none came back positive. They are currently treating 3 corona patients from out of the area. News report tonight: quote" Wuhan and Hubei, respectively -- have not reported any new cases but recorded eight more deaths in the same area." Unquote

Last edited:
We’d better not let your old racing buddies hear that.
I know, they wouldn't even recognize me anymore ;lol
We burned like four tires on my 25th birthday. Used slicks of course!

Where can I go to get the Virus?
Just wondering?
I figure get it over with before planting season starts.
I have a lot of shop work to do yet. Everything is getting shut down and the hospitals are not busy yet.
The family is now home all the time. Hunker down and get those antibodies built up.
Joking of course, but - hmm, they say 80% are going to get it at some point anyway.

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
Besides Food ,TP and Guns people are stocking up on critical supplies.

This place is about 20 minutes from me. I just got 5 cases there a month ago. Place was empty.

Last edited:
I'm sure it is. Hannity said everything's going to be alright and the president just a few days ago said corona was "under tremendous control".o_O
That's reassuring; Those guys are two of the most "stable geniuses" we have. ;lol

if the internet dies I'll be really sad.
Without Ryan Arnold on 93XRT, I'll go beserk in a couple of days and the death toll will be a lot higher. :eek: ;)

The cynic in me is starting to rear its head. Looks like its within a couple of weeks of a matter of writing the right check to the right doctor to get a quick test $138 dollars a pop on line in a week or two and then a round of a treatment drug,hydroxychloroquine. You and I will not be able to get it but I expect no doubt someone with a private doctor and premium insurance just needs to make the call to a colleague in Africa to get a treatment round sent over (screw the FDA compassionate drug routine). Sure it will still blow up in the US once the colege kids come back from spring break as carriers and will ripple through the rest of society and the poor parts of the world for months or years but as long as the important people know they dont really have to worry about it, they can start to make the plans on how to ultimately profit in private while expressing sympathy for the sick common folks. No doubt both political parties are now running what strategies will work the best with respect to the November elections.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Wife and I are staying put for two weeks, and then reassess. I'll spend my time cutting and splitting, and she can catch up on her reading.

With all this extra time, my stove glass finally got cleaned. ==c It's not getting cold enough to burn until Friday night; 70 right now. _g

Anyone hear about any bank runs in your area? How is one to go to a grocery store (like Washington State) and get food and feel safe? This state is by far hardest hit state hopefully this will all pass before winter

Status
Not open for further replies.