Cost of a mansonry chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Sep 27, 2007
The North Country, NY
Was hoping to see what people are paying for masonry chimneys. Need to add a new one, the last one I did was stainless tripple wall, but my new old house is stone and would like to keep with the times of the house.

I can't give a def price, but it ain't cheap. I would guess 3k & up
Is this an exterior chimney? Meaning outside wall?

Yeah I would like it as an outside chimney.

If thinking stone, your could maybe have a chase built and then have the cultured stone installed.
Gonna cost alot for real field stone. Plus you'll need a footer poured to support all the weight.
With the cultured, no poured footer needed I believe. Just chase, wire mesh and stickem on. Of course not as easy as that. But alot less weight.

In my area a 2 flue fireplace chimney cost between 6500 / 7500 the second 8/8 flue is for a furnace in the cellar

I am talking about standard 5" wide fire place facing with an opening roughly 30 /30 using 12/12 clay flue liner

An exterior chimney that once past the fire box it is coppled in to 26/28" with the rest of the run cost wise up to 24'

If for a wood stove only one could do a few things cheaper brick fact the wall and still do the hearth but only supply a thimble to one 8/8 flue

No built in fireplace but a place to install a free standing stove the outside can be done cheaper with chimney block or still use brick my guess with brick and the
brick front hearth $3500 with chimney block outside probably less than $3000

This is an estimate and pricing can vary for different sections of the country Stone facing will cost more material wise and labor wise

Status
Not open for further replies.