Country Comfort Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jimorcarol

Jan 10, 2019
Texas
when we bought our house in 2011 it had a Country Comfort Insert already installed.
Great little wood heater but one problem is that the blower vibrates to much.
I have been looking for a replacement blower but have not had any luck finding one.
Anyone have any ideas for me?

First try and figure out why the fan is vibrating. Often this is because of dirt accumulation on the blades. If this is the case then a good cleaning can make a nice difference. While it is out, oil it if there are oil ports on the motor. Also look at the fan mounts. Are they rubber and have they hardened up or disintegrated? If so, replace.

Assuming that the fan bushings are good and all the blades are clean, if you get really bored you can balance the fan. I've done a few. It takes a while sometimes. I use the clam clip paper clips and mark the fan in quarters. Move the clip to all 4 spots in the center to find the best quarter to place it on. Then mark that blade in quarters and move the clip across the blade to the best spot. Pretty rudimentary but I've had good luck with it.