Country Flame BBF replacement advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MOCOMofo

Dec 12, 2017
Maryland
Presently have a Country Flame BBF-1 that has performed well over the winter we have been in our new home. Doing spring cleaning I found the catalyst is shot and needs replacement. I can find the parts online but the mfg being out of business makes the future a little more uncertain. Also should mention the Insert is not in a traditional brick fireplace, but in a cabinet which was specifically designed for a BBF stove, and has a sticker on the inside that says as much. The dimensions of the exterior chase are 32"deep x 65" wide, and covered in siding. I assume it's 2x4 construction.

We're all electric and don't want to switch to Gas.

After some online research I decided a Buck 91 is very very close to the BBF in terms of firebox cu.ft and burn time, but the problem is I can't get any installers to sell me/install anything because of code, insurance, that sticker,etc...

Would a ZC fireplace work in the existing chase?

Presently has 8" class A chimney to the Stove

Also - what other large firebox ZC fireplaces are there? The QF is pretty pricey

Attachments

• Chimneycap.jpg
    Chimneycap.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Chimney.png
    Chimney.png
    615.3 KB · Views: 163
There are many. Look at FPX, RSF, Kozy, Northstar, Valcourt, Pacific Energy, Astria, etc..