Country Flame Insert mdl BBF

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandmanzz

Mar 18, 2010
south alabama
I'm thinking about purchasing a country flame insert...does anyone own this product...and could you pls provide me comments about the product..both pros/cons..thanks

The BBF is a huge well built heating machine, it's catalytic, and will give you a long even low burn over 16 hours on a full load. I think there only a couple members here that own one, can remember names. You can use the search feature to find more info.

They take that 8" flue, they have a very 70s look to them which you might like, and as I recall the cats are relatively difficult to remove but 16 hours is 16 hours and burn time is very important for a full time burner.

The cat on the later BBF's like mine take a couple minutes to get out. There are 4 bolts holding up the flame shield and one bolt holds the slide assembly where the cat is located. Then is just drops out.

Status
Not open for further replies.