Country Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

atwaddell55

Feb 1, 2023
Calif
We use to have a Lopi stove and got rid of it for a gas stove, Big mistake, Then we got a Country stove lot's of heat shields so you have to run the blower it just doesn't put out the heat like the Lopi, It does not have a flue damper so it seems like the heat goes up the Flu, What can I do??

IMG_4887.jpg

Any stove can have a damper put in but I doubt that is your issue, how tall is your chimney?

At 14 foot chimney excessive draft is very unlikely. What are your flue temps? What is the moisture content of your wood?

The damper on the Lopi was just a bypass damper for easier starting. Its function is not like that of a catalytic stove. Many good heaters do not have a bypass damper.

Is this the ST310? If so, it has a good reputation as a heater. The primary suspect is the wood not being fully seasoned. That will make the best stove perform poorly. If you can burn some known dry wood in the stove that would help as a test. Has the firewood been tested for internal moisture?

The Country Canyon is an easy-breathing stove so the 14' flue should not be an issue unless there are other issues affecting draft. Is there a 6" or 8" flue system on the stove? Is there a screen on the chimney cap?

Thanks I think the wood is about 9 months ago cut and split. How long should Oak fire wood season before it's burned? That's sounds correct ST-310

Last edited:
The Flu is 8 inch diameter I think your right about the wood , Above the bricks there is a piece of fiberglass looking material that I did replace a few years ago is that part of the catalytic

The Flu is 8 inch diameter I think your right about the wood , Above the bricks there is a piece of fiberglass looking material that I did replace a few years ago is that part of the catalytic
This is not a catalytic stove. The blanket above the baffle bricks is made of ceramic wool aka kaowool. It helps keep the fire hotter for a cleaner burn.