CountyLine Splitter issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

yinpin

Burning Hunk
Jul 25, 2016
Kingsville, MD
Good Evening. I wanted to check with you all to see what you think. I am not even sure if I am articulating this well but here I go. Recently the log splitter will not stop mid return when I try to stop it with the lever. It almost seems locked and requires the the piston to fully retract before the handle will disengage and release. Really a pain on the short rounds. Hopefully this makes sense. I am looking for the right language to even troubleshoot the issue.

Yep, sticky detent. You can probably just give it a quick pop with your hand to trigger it. The more permanent solution would be to roll the valve rod 180 degrees.

The only thing I would add is I have seen a few times were people stored the splitter out side and would only cover the engine and pump that the control valve would get moisture in it and the spring and ball that runs on the spool would get rusty and cause the same issue. Normally its just the ball has worn in the spool and you can turn the spool and fix it.

Reactions: yinpin