Couple questions about a fisher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ostrander

Dec 3, 2017
Michigan
Stove was in a recently purchased home , I've been trying to answer questions myself by reading posts but my head is spinning.
First question is what stove do i have ?
Top measures 32 1/4", inside doors measure 19 1/2" × 9 1/4". Rear flue 8".
Second is about the lack of baffle , I read many posts and understand , but didn't see my variation. Wondering if i should install one like the others shown or leave it alone.
15123203052271274207644.jpg 1512320351578659373929.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't tell you which stove it is but a baffle would be worth the effort.

Grandpa Bear.
Factory baffles were installed in later versions with arched doors and UL listed stove body.
Yes, baffle it.

Here's how to tell by a picture of the doors;

Grandpa has large space between trees in center; Grandpa comparison.jpg

Grandma trees are very close; Grandma comparison.jpg

Any double doors with these large trees is an early Grandpa. Grandma only had the smaller trees and didn't match GP until both were the newer small design;

76 Grandpa  3 piece top 3.JPG

Here's how to tell by a picture of the doors;

Grandpa has large space between trees in center; View attachment 217008

Grandma trees are very close; View attachment 217009

Any double doors with these large trees is an early Grandpa. Grandma only had the smaller trees and didn't match GP until both were the newer small design;

View attachment 217012
So would you use the large plate design as you showed in early threads or the circle plate that extends out from the flue? By the way thank you for your expertise on the matter it is much appreciated , only been investigating for a day now and you seem to be a Fisher legend.

Well, the legend died so you'll have to go with the next best thing......
Large plate made of 5/16 thick steel plate.