Craigslist laugh of the day.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Some of it? Heck looks like most of it needs to be cut and/or split.

Good ole poplar, er I mean popular.

fwd3.jpg

Reactions: Lone_Gun
So he's only offering $50 for you to haul it?

I personally like the picture that they posted in this onefirewood.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
You say you have two cords and half is ready to use this winter. The picture says you have less than 2 cords and not a piece has been split, so yes I'll take your advice and let the picture speak for itself.

IMG_1116.JPG

Reactions: D8Chumley
This might be a great deal with the saw being restrung and all....

Clipboard14.jpg

Reactions: sen166
He may have meant he installed new starter rope. My mind went to tennis rackets and guitars.

upload_2016-9-12_11-16-4.png
Good ole barkless european pine... looks like someone just cut up a bunch of 4x4

Reactions: Ashful and Old Red
upload_2016-9-26_12-53-18.png
8-9 cords.... most likely more...

Reactions: Lone_Gun
upload_2016-9-27_9-44-55.png

dry firewood... currently being split.... hmmmm

If people expect tree services to work for free, why not demo companies too?

They could probably get some takers on this one, if they drop the insured requirement. Lot's of people looking for old barn wood, the real stuff. Some guys wife in WA is begging her husband to take that job on.

Old growth timbers can have a fair amount of value, but seldom enough to cover a full demo. Usually it's done to recuperate part of the cost. Also, the amount of old growth in a 1970's structure is dubious. Anybody agreeing to take it all as stated in the ad will likely be paying quite a bit in dump fees.

More importantly, barns in good shape generally don't get torn down, especially big barns with indoor riding areas (especially not in this area - Microsoft, Amazon, Boeing - lots of high paying jobs, not a lot of land close in with room for the equestrians). The condition of the wood is highly suspect on that basis, and the safety of working on the barn without heavy equipment even more so.

I wonder if I can give away the trees on my land. Fire chief says trees should be ten to twenty feet apart. What do you think of this ad copy. Should i post it on CL?

Free fire wood trees you cut them you can keep 1 tree for every 4 trees that you cut for me. You must cut and split all the wood before you leave. Its mostly hill so you would have to try not to die. It is impossible to get equipment there so you will have to carry all the trees to the cutting area. All the slash must be removed from the area. You must be carefull not to make too much noise as my peace and quite is highly valuable. The firewood is pine so you can only burn it if you have an open fireplace like mine and you have to open two windows so the cool air keeps the chimney cold. Preference given to someone with a stump grinder. Do not contact me if you do not have insurance. Must have deposit incase you mess my drive way. If you just deliver 6 cords of 2 year seasoned oak to my porch you can cut and remove 3 of my trees to your location without having to split them at my place. Thats like 12 cords of wood for 6 cords of wood. Have to hurry as it will snow soon and I am cold already.

Attachments

• 20160911_160805.jpg
    20160911_160805.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 229
OK What ever yup go with that and good luck

don't forget to charge them camping fees :)

Saying equipment access is impossible but requesting a stump grinder is a nice touch.

Ha that is a great way to look at it, I was thinking who grinds stumps in the middle of the woods..

Reactions: iamlucky13