Craigslist laugh of the day.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This is easily the best one I've ever seen.... In exchange for coming to cut down trees that he already needs cuts down, ALL he wants is a free weekend of work from someone who owns a tractor... can't believe no one has taken him up on this.
upload_2018-7-20_9-26-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-20_9-24-59.png
    upload_2018-7-20_9-24-59.png
    278.8 KB · Views: 485
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ashful and Lone_Gun
upload_2018-7-20_11-14-16.png
I love that not only is it super expensive, there is no idea how much is here, and they have a picture of the screen!

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Actually, I’d be looking at that, if it were local and I still needed one. His price is a little high, but that’s always negotiable. That is a serious trailer, figure close to $5k new.
We must be looking at two different things then.

BTW, it would need a break-away and emergency battery to be legal in some states.

That trailer is using house trailer axles. House trailer axles don't have brakes on them ( at least none of the ones I have looked at ). It should have at least 6 lugs axles, 8 would be better. I'm pretty sure any tandem axles trailer needs at least brakes on one axle. In Ohio it is legal to build a trailer and register it without any kind of inspection. I suspect that this trailer was built by someone. That is fine as long as it is done correctly. My buddy built a really sweet tandem axle landscape trailer a coupe years ago.

The axles seem to be somewhat close to the middle of the trailer from looking at it. Have you ever seen a commercial made trailer with the axles in the middle of the trailer ?

It is too damn long too. I couldn't imagine trying to back that thing up. I've never heard of a 26' long bumper pull open trailer like this.

Last edited:
I was thinking those looked like mobile home tires and that was a little long for a bumper hitch.. Fifth wheel yes bumper no. It would work good for brush & hauling lawnmowers & ATV’s but that’s about the extent of what I would want to put in it.

Reactions: sloeffle
We must be looking at two different things then.

That trailer is using house trailer axles. House trailer axles don't have brakes on them ( at least none of the ones I have looked at ). It should have at least 6 lugs axles, 8 would be better. I'm pretty sure any tandem axles trailer needs at least brakes on one axle. In Ohio it is legal to build a trailer and register it without any kind of inspection. I suspect that this trailer was built by someone. That is fine as long as it is done correctly. My buddy built a really sweet tandem axle landscape trailer a coupe years ago.

The axles seem to be somewhat close to the middle of the trailer from looking at it. Have you ever seen a commercial made trailer with the axles in the middle of the trailer ?

It is too damn long too. I couldn't imagine trying to back that thing up. I've never heard of a 26' long bumper pull open trailer like this.

Got it, you’re right. I had not even zoomed in on those photos to catch the house trailer axles. I was thinking it was a commercial unit.

Most states would require brakes on one axle of that trailer. PA requires brakes on all axles.

Yes, the axles did look too far forward... but fifth wheel? There are folks pulling boats longer and heavier than that every day, on ball hitches. The big issue I see is that you’ll never get it more than half full with firewood, before you’re over weight, assuming 2x3500 lb. axles. It would be good for hauling hay on the farm, tho.

I was referring to it being loaded & being a lot of tongue- bumper weight. A person definitely wouldn’t want to fill to max capacity volume wise but one definitely could. I believe we crossed the common-sense bridge in the “Will a cord of wood fit” thread.

Reactions: AlbergSteve
Just need a pintle hook for the trailer and my Ford Escape, I’ll get a cord going in that thing

I was referring to it being loaded & being a lot of tongue- bumper weight. A person definitely wouldn’t want to fill to max capacity volume wise but one definitely could. I believe we crossed the common-sense bridge in the “Will a cord of wood fit” thread.
They returned text.....it is titled n has trailer breaks.....see below.
27322.jpeg

Do me a favor? Ask them “since metric things are heavier than things weighed in standard units, should I weigh my stuff in standard units so I can put more in the trailer?”

I’m curious what kind of garbage they’ll reply with.