Crappy pellets out of Corinth Maine?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 Ton of Corinth pellets in lt blue bags. Burn with lots of ash and clinkers. I complained to company and they brought me 2 bags of newer pellets, which burned nice with less ash and no clinkers and are darker in color. I believe there is a difference in the pellets. They have offered to swap old pellets for newer ones, which I have agreed to. Also, said the blue bags are their newer bags.

I have 2 tons of Corinth pellets in the garage. 1 ton of blue bags and 1 ton of the brownish bags. I only have a couple of weeks experience with my new pellet stove. It may just be my imagination, but the blue bags seem to create WAY more ash. I was planning to get more Corinth pellets, but now I would like to experiment with some other brands.

jen said:
I have 2 Ton of Corinth pellets in lt blue bags. Burn with lots of ash and clinkers. I complained to company and they brought me 2 bags of newer pellets, which burned nice with less ash and no clinkers and are darker in color. I believe there is a difference in the pellets. They have offered to swap old pellets for newer ones, which I have agreed to. Also, said the blue bags are their newer bags.

Burning the brown bagged Corinth pellets here, and have very high ash and clinker content. I cannot run my stove on high heat settings without constant monitoring with these pellets at all. I e-mailed Corinth, and have yet to get a response. Gonna try again.

darkstar--email Samantha Eldredge at [email protected]. She has been very helpful and will make you a satisfied customer. The CEO of company came to my house to bring me 2 bags of their newer pellets to try. Now in process of them exchanging my old ones for new ones. Where do you live?

jen said:
darkstar--email Samantha Eldredge at [email protected]. She has been very helpful and will make you a satisfied customer. The CEO of company came to my house to bring me 2 bags of their newer pellets to try. Now in process of them exchanging my old ones for new ones. Where do you live?

I live in Dexter. I actually finally got a reply from Samantha. They are going to be off for the rest of the week, but she wants my information when I got the pellets so she can see what batch they may have come from. She also did indicate that they would be willing to swap out what I have. She said she must have missed my first e-mail - so I am letting that slide.

Hopefully, they will make good on this - it certainly sounds promising at this point! Obviously they are aware that there is a quality issue.

---scott

Status
Not open for further replies.