As most of you know this is my first year burning in my stove. Many of you suggested I check my chimney half way through the season to inspect for creosote build up. I try to burn nice and hot 500-700 in my Lopi Freedom Bay. I have been using the creosote remover product twice per week to be safe. see the product I am using by using the link..http://www.amazon.com/Rutland-98-Lbs-Creosote-Remover/dp/B00120NNCY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359652340&sr=8-1&keywords=creosote+remover I went up on the roof today to inspect the chimney. I have no sweeping tools as of yet so this was an inspection only. The chimney had about 1/8 inch of a black very flaky powdery film around the liner. I used my finger to wipe some off the top, and it flaked off immediately right down to the liner. The croeosote was not hard like I had read it would be. I still get a very strong draft. If I had a chimney brush I think I could have cleaned it thouroghly in less than 5 minutes. Thats how powdery the creosote was. My question is...is this something that needs to be removed ASAP as in no more fires until cleaned. Or is this still within normal operating condition? I will be ordering the sweeping tools this week and they should arrive in the middle of next week. Am I alright to burn until then? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks again for all the help.