1. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    That was a nasty storm front that blew through. The damage in southern CT looks bad. Lots of firewood suddenly happened. Hope all are ok.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. saewoody

saewoody
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 15, 2017
    Loc:
    CT
    Central CT faired pretty well. Just some thunderstorms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Yes, storms were intense across lower NY and SW CT. Have a friend whose mom moved to Brookfield, CT after tornadoes destroyed her mom's apartment complex in Illinois in 1982. Her house was hit by a tornado yesterday.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Had them here, too. We were on tornado watch, and a lot of trees came down all at once, but I don’t think we had any official tornado. TV News just called it “hurricane-like winds,” the following morning.

Those who aren’t okay aren’t here to tell you.

5. xman23

xman23
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Lackawaxen PA
    Here in NJ, a lot of trees down. A tree in my yard has been dropping large branches every storm. This time a huge piece crushed my neighbors fence. My power was out 36 hours. My generator is up at the PA cabin, so the fridge got a bit warm. A lot of power still out here and CT.

6. JRV

JRV
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 10, 2018
    Loc:
    CT
    Newtown here...power out 3 days. Trees down in many place. It’s time for a generator. I don’t trust this wacky weather anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Folks down south are adding an amphibious craft to their preparedness craft. In the meantime we have jumped into dry summer weather, 2 months too early. Only .15" rain in the past 30 days here.

8. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Jeez... I've had that much rain since dinner. I'm emptying our rain gauge every day, and it's averaged over an inch per day for the last week or more.

I haven't checked the climate data, but I'd guess our norm is 1" - 2" per week at this time of year, not per DAY!

9. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Yes, we are dry, much too dry. This is more like our August weather. It's really stressful to the trees and our water bill.

10. JRV

JRV
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 10, 2018
    Loc:
    CT
    You can have some of ours

11. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
  12. Doug MacIVER

Doug MacIVER
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 21, 2012
    Loc:
    se mass
    not last week, not last century, from 1896 off Oak Bluffs Mass. Vineyard Gazette credits photo to Joseph Chamberlain.
    377852_225096457556965_1382768769_n.jpg