cubex / Okanagons creasol?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said I got Barefoots or had seen them in Augusta. When I started this thread I was thinking of buying CUBEX from Rocky's Stove Shop in Augusta. But the shipping was more money after 3 tons. So I ended up buying 2 1 tons of OAKIES and 2 1/2 tons of Spruce Pointes for Maine Pellet Sales. Very nice guy and his shipping rates were better. Of course we are in the heating season now so i'm sure prices have changed since I order my pellet this summer! And for the record, the Oakies burn hotter then the spruce pointes in my stove ( i wanted to see if there was much difference between the two). That's why I bought half and half so then next year I will know which one I want for sure. Also noticed that I can go way over a week without cleaning my stove. Very little ash build up. Last year I had some pellets I bought from lowes (not greene team) and had to vac out the ashes everyday (major pain in the a_ _)! I now now the difference between super premium pellets and the junk they call premium at all box stores. The old saying stands true, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Creosote.

woodknack said:
I would like to try some cubex im my stove thought! I may go buy 4 or 5 bags to try.

My stove loves them, so I bought 4 ton this summer to go with the left over LGs and yesterday I bunkered 5 ton of MWP (you know those Athens).

The stove also likes Barefoot and Oakies.

I think I'm all set for this season and likely next, depends upon the weather, oh the temps are crashing above 80 degrees north again. I think that Europe might just about get out from under the current mess to only get walloped again.

Status
Not open for further replies.