Cumberland my 3800 problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lar

Nov 13, 2019
Rhinelander,WI
Hi, I’m new to this site and could use some help and guidance on my Cumberland my 3800 pellet stove. I have had this stove for 10 years and have liked it very much. Had to replace the tri x controller once and the convection motor this year. I’m having an issue of my controller changing from a setting of the range 3 and sometime while it is running it will go down to a range 1 and run or just go down. There is no over temp, just goes out with the range change reading down to 1. What would cause this to happen? Is it a malfunctioning tri x controller or something with the snap disc or other? The stove is always cleaned along with the venting. It just leads me to think it is the controller. Where do people get there parts these days as long as this stove is no longer made? Thanks

Looks like you may be replacing the control board again inadvertent changes in settings usually are electronic component issues on the board

Ssyko, thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping it wasn’t the controller but will probably bite the bullet and order one. I like the stove but may have to replace it at some point as parts are pricey and some hard to find. I agree with your response as far as being electronic.

I would consider a new stove before i put a lot of $$$ in you old one.

Sysko, I ordered the controller for my mf 3800. It was costly, but after replacing it my stove is running the way it is suppose to. So far so good. I hope this gets me thru this year and maybe next year as I will be looking to upgrade. I need to find a quality stove with a good warranty and not so costly replacement parts. Any suggestions by yourself and others?

I like quadrafire, enviro, comfortbuilt. But pricy parts are a norm for all the stoves :(