Curious if this insert can be converted to gas.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Reticle

Mar 14, 2018
Charleston SC
I’m going to try to keep from getting into this long winded backstory so if I leave out any important info, please let me know. I’m in the middle of remodeling a home and was given this insert that my grandmother supposedly had custom built for her home. I’m curious as to whether or not it can be converted to LP. I live in a pretty warm area so I’m wanting to install this more for aesthetics & sentimentality than for actual heat.

As for the house, it’s a single story ranch and doesn’t currently have a fireplace/hearth. The upside (and the main reason I’m even considering this) is that the house is completely gutted right now and I don’t mind spending some extra to add this into the remodel.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

4147A617-591A-4CD9-AAE8-069E72F3E732.jpeg C5B1E34D-D078-4D09-ACDD-C4B4562CA03D.jpeg I

That looks like it's a "slammer" wood burning insert.
There is no way LEGALLY or SAFELY that it can be converted to burn LP gas.