Current Pellet Pricing Now That We Are Into October

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on pellet prices. Cashed in my raincheck for one ton at Sutherlands. Price was $3.19 per bag, $159.00 a ton. Got another check for last ton of the year at $3.69. The store buyer said they were ordered in January last year, but may not come in until December. They are allocating at a maximum of one ton per customer to those with rain checks. The pellets are Eurekas from Montana. Buyer says the supplier is having difficulty getting raw material. Can't keep up with demand. Have lots of new wholesale customers. The buyer expects another increase after the next shipment, if they can get another delivery.

as a dealer, Id support Craigs idea, its a good one. Although I would also point out that the website is nothing but a snapshot in time, and pricing and availability would change, obviously. My record for selling a truckload of pellets is 22 tons of Allegheny in 45 minutes, so the data would become inaccurate fairly quickly, and that would need to be kept in mind if folks are going to try to rely on the data. Certainly, the best bet would be to call said dealer before you order or pick up pellets to ensure they are still there, or that the dealer has any at all. Its easy to quote low prices when you control no inventory, or are preselling inventory you might not ever get.

This is already done locally by Seth......hes making a good attempt at this locally...heres the link.....

http://www.woodpelletprice.com/

pretty good format, and so far, fairly accurate...

Status
Not open for further replies.