Cut some nice wood this weekend!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
Saturday my dad and I manged to cut some nice hardwoods. A mix of white oak, hickory and other hardwoods.(beech/cherry??)

Biggest rounds in this picture are ash from the weekend before
P3300002.jpg

P3300003.jpg

backside of pile in first picture
P3300004.jpg

Nice looking piles of wood. I find myself taking deep breaths trying to get a whiff of it. LOL

Looking Nice!

Thanks! I figure I have another weekend or two worth of cutting and then I'll be splitting and stacking. My brother still has a bunch of ash tree's he wants me to take also so I'll probably be busy for a while. :)

So... does it smell nice? Someone needs to invent scratch 'n sniff for the internet.

LLigetfa said:
So... does it smell nice? Someone needs to invent scratch 'n sniff for the internet.

lol! When I walk into the drive all I smell is fresh cut wood. I guess it smells nice if you like that kind of thing! :)

rdust said:
LLigetfa said:

lol! When I walk into the drive all I smell is fresh cut wood. I guess it smells nice if you like that kind of thing! :)
I can smell it from here it smells like money!!!!!!!!

To a lot of us that indeed is a very nice odor. Perhaps after you cut for a while you too will be bitten by this sort of thing.

I well recall when I first started working in a sawmill (as a teenager) that I just loved the smell of the freshly cut lumber. Well, most of it was good. Cottonwood I did not like then nor now. Sassafras is still the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.