Damage to new liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
Hello all my new liner came from rockford today. I i bought the kit with everything for the install. Well it was all shipped loose in a big box and the rain cap must have been bouncing off the liner. It left alot of nicks in it I nervous that the rain caps sharp edge could have punctured the liner. What should I do? I have heard Rockford has good service but cant call till Monday.

20191116_181850.jpg20191116_181905.jpg20191116_181858.jpg20191116_181952.jpg

That second pic certainly looks like a hole to me. I wouldn't install that

Last edited:
I was happy when it arrived but as soon as I opened the box and noticed the rain cap and top plate were just kinda cramed in the box I had a bad feeling

I hope I don't get hosed on shipping. There only an hour away from me I may just take a road trip

While you’re at, I’d consider getting a heavy wall liner. A lot more durable than the standard lightwall.

I've stared at these pics for 10 min trying to find the hole! lol. Someone please point it out to me before I go mad! I'm not doubting it's there, I just can't find it!

I've stared at these pics for 10 min trying to find the hole! lol. Someone please point it out to me before I go mad! I'm not doubting it's there, I just can't find it!
The second picture shows a clear hole in the liner

Even if there was no actual hole, the liner looks shot.

The "hole" could be just a shadow, it's hard to tell from the photo. It must be very thin SS, I wonder if it can withstand even a short chimney fire.

Its .006 it's the 316ti liner. I'm waiting to hear back from them tomorrow. Sense I'm going to be returning this one I'm going to see how much to upgrade to the heavy wall

The "hole" could be just a shadow, it's hard to tell from the photo. It must be very thin SS, I wonder if it can withstand even a short chimney fire.
Yes it is a hole. This is standard lightwall liner that lots of guys use. And yes it is extremely easy to puncture. But it will stand up to at least a few chimney fires

Yes it is a hole. This is standard lightwall liner that lots of guys use. And yes it is extremely easy to puncture. But it will stand up to at least a few chimney fires

When I talk to them tomorrow. I may offer to drive down to there shop to exchange the liner out for a heavy wall. I think the sell oylimpa. Cause this is a forever flex by them anything I should look out as far as a thicker liner