Damaged liner bricks Morso 2B Standard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marcdurant

Oct 2, 2022
Thorndike, Maine
I just uncrated a new 2B Standard, and discovered that during shipping the baffle at the top of the stove worked loose and damaged the top edges of the liner bricks on both the right and left sides. The brick is worn much thinner and there are some chunks missing that prevent the baffle from sealing tightly against the bricks.

I'm waiting for my dealer to get back to me about this, but wanted to get some experienced opinions about whether this amount of damage is safe or if the bricks need to be replaced?

Thanks so much!
Marc

chunks.JPG left_wall.JPG right_wall.JPG

That's too bad. It doesn't look too serious but should be addressed by the dealer. In a pinch, the pieces could be cemented back in with some refractory cement.

How many bricks are damaged? Grab what you need from the dealer. Replace and enjoy! Normally they aren't terribly pricey.

You could probably flip the bricks around or turn them upside down so the chip is on the bottom, even on the bottom, facing the outside of the stove.