damper height on my mama bear?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sauto1985

Oct 11, 2015
Michigan
Just getting to install my mama bear in my shop-garage. How high should the dampner be from where it comes out the back of the stove. Thanks for any info much appreciated.

Attachments

• 2015-12-05 17.30.09.jpg
    2015-12-05 17.30.09.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 250
Ok first off it is a damper and i usually go about 2 feet from the stove but it can be closer or farther. Make sure you have 36" all around that stove hard to tell from the pics bt it looks close to the back wall. I could be wrong on that though

Reactions: sauto1985
Ok first off it is a damper and i usually go about 2 feet from the stove but it can be closer or farther. Make sure you have 36" all around that stove hard to tell from the pics bt it looks close to the back wall. I could be wrong on that though
Thats where im working on it not installing it. I have the damper about 28 so it will be fine rite there. Thanks for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.