Hi,
After reading all the posts about the baffle in the Ma Ma bear stove, I am somewhat confused.
My stove is a old one with a single row of firebricks on the sides and the back and there is not a welded in piece in the back to support a shelf for the baffle.
I am willing to weld one in but I am Not sure about the height it should be. also the front to back measurement of 8-9 inches seems to give a very large opening for the smoke to exit the stove.
I traced some lines on the side of my stove with chalk to see what my options are. see attached pic.
the stove pipe is 2 floors high and insulated pipe from the floor of the second floor out through the peaked roof , it has a good draft.
This stove is in a detached 28 x 40 insulated garage that i have been using for the last 25 years it heats well but it uses a ton of wood.
I understand that the Baffle can rest on a second set of fire brick on the sides and moving the blocks to the front or back to get a different angle.
Please let me know what the best set up for the baffle is based on your experience .
Thank You![[Hearth.com] Ma Ma bear baffle on old stove [Hearth.com] Ma Ma bear baffle on old stove](https://www.hearth.com/talk/data/attachments/349/349332-ffa202c7279dcc43d9899564e033a5ca.jpg?hash=YoAanQ6QFL)
After reading all the posts about the baffle in the Ma Ma bear stove, I am somewhat confused.
My stove is a old one with a single row of firebricks on the sides and the back and there is not a welded in piece in the back to support a shelf for the baffle.
I am willing to weld one in but I am Not sure about the height it should be. also the front to back measurement of 8-9 inches seems to give a very large opening for the smoke to exit the stove.
I traced some lines on the side of my stove with chalk to see what my options are. see attached pic.
the stove pipe is 2 floors high and insulated pipe from the floor of the second floor out through the peaked roof , it has a good draft.
This stove is in a detached 28 x 40 insulated garage that i have been using for the last 25 years it heats well but it uses a ton of wood.
I understand that the Baffle can rest on a second set of fire brick on the sides and moving the blocks to the front or back to get a different angle.
Please let me know what the best set up for the baffle is based on your experience .
Thank You
![[Hearth.com] Ma Ma bear baffle on old stove [Hearth.com] Ma Ma bear baffle on old stove](https://www.hearth.com/talk/data/attachments/349/349332-ffa202c7279dcc43d9899564e033a5ca.jpg?hash=YoAanQ6QFL)