Damper solenoid help for a Yukon Husky

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RobM1

Jan 4, 2022
USA
So - a day late and a dollar short. I missed that Yukon was going under, so I didn't get to stock up on spares. Now, it seems like my damper solenoid is dying. I was wondering if anybody had some tech specs so that I could possibly either repair or refurbish my existing one? I can pull it off to take a look, but it is heating season and it is still working part of the time, so I would prefer not to, yet.
It seems like it should be simple enough. Here is how I'm imagining it in my head - power in on feed 1 from the wood thermostat opens the damper (powers solenoid). Power in on feed 2 from the backup thermostat closes the damper (breaks solenoid power) and feeds power to the burner. Sound about right?