Dead stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokeyTheBear said:
Jay just so you know there is another thread on here with the same situation (from the description given).

I was going to trace the whole thing if needed.

FYI the other thread was started by Mr. D's wife in an effort to help him. She gave up and he's doing it now. :p

Mr.D said:
can anyone answer this? -> I lose power when I jump the vacuum switch. I have power to the red wire but as soon as I conect the jumper, I check it again, and no power to the orange or even the red wire??

After you jumpered the vacuum switch, did you hit the reset button to start another cycle? If you don't there won't be any power on that circuit after 60 seconds.

If you did hit the reset, then it sounds like a dead short. Could the snap switch be shorted to ground? It's a new auger motor so hopefully it isn't shorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.