Deal of a lifetime on premium stove gasket rope - $1/spool - get in while you can

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tradergordo

Minister of Fire
May 31, 2006
Phoenixville, PA
gordosoft.com
***********************************************************************************************************
EDIT: Deal is dead now. Prices back to $100-$200. HOPE SOME OF YOU GOT IN...
If you are looking for the best CURRENT deal on spools of gasket rope, this site has the best prices I could find:
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=40491
***********************************************************************************************************

OK - this is my little way of "sharing the love" with fellow forum members. I could be greedy and order all of them myself to resell on eBay for substantial profit but that would be mean :)

I discovered this incredible deal on stove gasket material last week, its not a scam, and believe it or not, it was delivered NEXT DAY even though I choose the cheapest shipping option.

This is for premium fiberglass graphite impregnated rutland stove gasket, by the SPOOL, not the foot. These normally sell for between $50-$100. Sizes, price per spool, and spool lengths are listed below. Check your manual to see what size(s) you need. Don't be greedy, just get what you can use yourself. Don't buy stuff to resell. I figure with my two spools I can change all my gaskets every year for the next 17 years :)

I know this looks like a price mistake, but I just bought two spools at the prices listed, I checked my credit card online to verify the charge was correct. I also figured if it was a mistake, they would have updated their website by now. They didn't say it was a mistake and they haven't updated their website, so maybe they just want to get rid of it like a clearance thing. Don't know, don't really care, but I suggest you DO NOT ask questions, just order some for yourself if you can use it. This deal will probably not last long.

This link will take you to the first of seven products, you can just hit "next" near the top to get to the other sizes:

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/rutland-stove-gasket-fiberglass-p-24481.html

The sizes/length/price are:
SIZE LENGTH PRICE
1" 25 feet $3.92
5/8" 157 feet $1.18
3/8" 132 feet $1.18
5/8" 65 feet $1.78
3/4" 47 feet $2.73
5/16" 200 feet $0.58
1/2" 88 feet $1.18

Shipping was about $10 total for two spools (which were about a buck each). If you need more info on the products you can always google on the UPC number.

-Gordo

I dont see the 5/16" listed. I see the one for .58 but no size?? Most of my gaskets are 5/16 and one is wire reinforced.

Tradergordo, thanks for the link and heads up! I just ordered the two sizes my stove takes. Only one I didnt see was the 5/16 metal reinforced but that is a small piece on mine anyway.

D

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately, I didn't see any 7/8" listed, which is what my stove uses.

Anyone know what size the PE D1 insert takes??

Well, just got a notice that my ordered items are not available. Either they sold out or saw the error of their ways on pricing!

My order placed a few hours ago was just voided, although the same prices are still listed. Looks like it wasn't an intentional fire sale.

Edit: and now the prices are in the $100-$250 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.