Dealer Service Areas?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cimbo190

Jun 28, 2008
southern maine
I made several inquiries to dealers looking for a stove and have received several reponses indicating I am outside of their service area. I did not receive any specifics, just thanked them for the reponse.

Some of these have been within 75 miles, whihc is not too far when stoves are scarce.

Anybody have similar experiences?

every one has a diffrent area they are willing to cover. not sure what you are looking for but you may have to change the brand you are looking at to get inside some ones service area.

Sounds pretty common. Most dealers don't want to go that far because they don't think it is worth it and they don't make as much money off you. Plus you also get the customers than expect the same service as the people down the street, and get angry when you say it will be 3 weeks until you are in the area.

We will go just about anywhere if we have to. We will take any sale we can get, just so the customer knows for long travel it will cost more and there might be a longer wait for service calls.

You might be able to get them to sell you a stove...and maybe even install it, but you may have to agree to do your own warranty work (with parts and advice provided by them).

As you can imagine, a 100 plus mile round trip for them to look at a problem, and then perhaps a return visit later to replace a part....could really cost big. Pellet stoves have a higher rate of service and repair than wood stoves, so this does come into play (they are fairly complicated machines).

Status
Not open for further replies.