Dear Woodstock: Go Pound Sand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
All four appliances were basic models. Salesman commented in March that high-end appliances had more of a delay.

@BCC_Burner hole up buddy!!! depending on the type of install you may just want to go ahead with the chimney work, get that out of the way and wait for the stove and place it yourself with some friends, you can make a cardboard templet for the stove location so the installers can factor in the clearances for the new pipe, then go from there, the black pipe part of the stove is pretty easy, especially in todays world with adjustable pipe sections.

@BCC_Burner hole up buddy!!! depending on the type of install you may just want to go ahead with the chimney work, get that out of the way and wait for the stove and place it yourself with some friends, you can make a cardboard templet for the stove location so the installers can factor in the clearances for the new pipe, then go from there, the black pipe part of the stove is pretty easy, especially in todays world with adjustable pipe sections.
Op stated earlier that his installer won’t do an incomplete install. Find the cheapest, smallest, lightest used stove available and place it based on where the flue needs to be located for the Woodstock. Have installer hook it up and then swap it out yourself when Woodstock comes in. Sell the used one.

Reactions: SpaceBus
Op stated earlier that his installer won’t do an incomplete install. Find the cheapest, smallest, lightest used stove available and place it based on where the flue needs to be located for the Woodstock. Have installer hook it up and then swap it out yourself when Woodstock comes in. Sell the used one.
Missed that, sorry OP; that sounds like the installer might have made multiple trips to the same job at one point in time and is now trying to cut down on traveling / time costs by getting it all done at once, dont blame the company for that.

I do not see where the OP has replied back at all to this thread, hopefully he comes back and updates us on what he is going to do.

From another thread it sounds like this installation has had other complications making it a hassle. This last delay appears to be just adding insult to injury.

I had the same issue buying my Hearthstone Castleton last year, supply chains are screwed up worldwide, and ive heard that recently steel is in short supply and higher than usual demand causing issues.

I was informed last week that any purchase of a new Pettibone telehandler (our preferred brand) would include a steel surcharge that could raise the price tag by as much as $10,000.

Absurd.

• Wow
Reactions: Shrewboy
It's across industries. Ordered a GE clothes dryer in March. It was delivered to the store in September.

Dishwasher, refrigerator, and washer were also delayed. Ordered in March. Delivered in May.
Similarly I ordered a Rikon bandsaw in March, just got it. 7 months :(

I was at Woodstock last Saturday and was walking around the factory before loading an Absolute into a friends pick up. There were many Progress stoves everywhere. My impression was that certain parts arrived and they were catching up on the builds. Just a guess, the floor looked crammed, unlike what I've seen in the past. Oh and let's see, months and months for our electric range and months and months for the garage door to be delivered. Our Kia engine is failing after 12,000 miles and the dealership has no extra cars as loaners as no new ones are coming in.

I do not see where the OP has replied back at all to this thread, hopefully he comes back and updates us on what he is going to do.
Sorry. Wasn’t the op. Someone else mentioned installer wouldn’t sign off on incomplete installation

something to consider, if you break up the liner and stove itself install: you may technically screw yourself out of claiming the entire install cost for the federal bio fuel tax credit. the stove device itself is the trigger point to credit; the install goodies are the added benefit. if you don't care about the credit install as you see fit.

make sure everything lands in the same calendar year to claim the whole shebang.

make sure everything lands in the same calendar year to claim the whole shebang.
The credit is the same for next year too...