decided on Northstar unit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyokc

Oct 27, 2008
Oklahoma
Well I did all the tear out and a contractor formed up the chase on the outside. Tomorrow the stove folks supposed to be setting the fireplace and installing the pipe. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

BB You can't link to a search results. Also, out of all the 7100 units we have installed only one has cracked, and it was easily fixed at no charge to the customer.

Interesting. Tested the link after posting and it worked. Now it doesn't. Hmmm...

But the discussions available from that search and the very fact that a factory repair kit is available says that it isn't a isolated problem.

I really don't think anyone here has a fundamental problem with Quad products...or at least no more than any other manufacturer. Never owned one, but I know lots of folks are very happy with 'em. What's kinda out of place here on these forums is blatant salesmanship. I have a sneaking suspicion that the scent of that's what got BB's goat. Rick

fossil said:
I really don't think anyone here has a fundamental problem with Quad products...or at least no more than any other manufacturer. Never owned one, but I know lots of folks are very happy with 'em. What's kinda out of place here on these forums is blatant salesmanship. I have a sneaking suspicion that the scent of that's what got BB's goat. Rick

Yup. A very strong aroma it was. :lol: I would expect that by now Quad has made changes that prevent recurrence. But it is a question a potential buyer should ask.

If someone has a problem with how I present information you can tell me right out.
Yes I work at a Quad dealer.
I try to present all non-confidential that I have relevant to any situation, as un-biased as I can.

We install a lot of wood products. Out of all these I have seen about 5-7 inserts with the cracking, all but one were replaced, the most recent one was after the fix-kit came out. I have seen one 7100 with a crack and it was repaired by a custom fix-kit made for me. There is an "official" fix kit out now but I have not seen it. Its supposed to be the same the one I installed.

Considering how much electronic crap we replace on gas fireplaces, this is not a bad track record in our area.

No way we're talkin' about you, jtp...just trying to get to know our new friend who sells "harware" in Waldorf...and I'm quite sure BB's reaction was based on posts in other threads as well as this one. In any case...it ain't you...babe. Rick

Nope, no problem with your presentation jtp. My response was to a specific post and poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.